The Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass offers unlimited usage of JR trains in the area surrounding Takayama and Hokuriku (Kanazawa, Toyama), as well as in Kyoto and Osaka. The Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass also includes buses to the world-famous village Shirakawago.
This Pass is not available for Japanese Passport holders.
– Children who are age 6 through 11 as of the date on which the exchange order is ISSUED (bought) are eligible for child pass prices.
– Children under the age of 6 do not require a Pass to travel. However, they are not entitled to a seat of their own. Seat reservations for children under age 6 are not possible unless a pass is bought for them.
– Valid for JR trains in Nagoya, Takayama, Toyama, Osaka and Kanazawa.
– Valid for the Hokuriku Shinkansen between Osaka – Kanazawa.
– Valid for buses between Takayama – Toyama – Kanazawa.
– Valid for buses between Takaoka – Gokayama – Shirakawago.
– An exclusive ticket only for a tourist with ‘Temporary Visitor’ stamp on his/her passport.
This pass is ideal for travelers who want to visit
– Shirakawago and Gokayama
– Osaka, Kyoto
– Unlimited usage of JR trains in Nagoya, Takayama, Toyama, Osaka and Kanazawa.
– Unlimited usage of the Hokuriku Shinkansen between Osaka – Kanazawa.
– Great value for a traveler visiting the famous village Shirakawago, as well as Kanazawa, Osaka, Kyoto and Nagoya.
For more information, please check an this link.
How it works:
1. Order outside of Japan, receive your exchange order and bring this order (voucher) with you on your trip.
2. Exchange the order in Japan and receive/activate the Japan Rail Pass on your preferred date.
3. Enjoy unlimited travel on all JR services, without needing separate tickets. Show your ticket at the gate and board the train/bus/ferry directly.