The Kansai Hokuriku Area Pass offers unlimited usage of JR trains in the Hokuriku area (Toyama, Ishikawa, Fukui etc) and Kansai area (Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Wakayama etc.)
Also possible to use are the Sanyo Shinkansen (between Shin Osaka – Okayama) and Hokuriku Shinkansen (between Kanazawa – Joetsumyoko).
This Pass is not available for Japanese Passport holders.
– Children who are age 6 through 11 as of the date on which the exchange order is ISSUED (bought) are eligible for child pass prices.
– Children under the age of 6 do not require a Pass to travel. However, they are not entitled to a seat of their own. Seat reservations for children under age 6 are not possible unless a pass is bought for them.
– Valid for JR trains in the Hokuriku and Kansai Area.
– Valid for the Sanyo Shinkansen between Shin Osaka – Okayama.
– Valid for the Hokuriku Shinkansen (between Kanazawa – Joetsumyoko.
– Valid for the IR Ishikawa Railway between Kanazawa – Tsubata.
– Valid for the JR bus in Kanazawa.
– An exclusive ticket only for a tourist with ‘Temporary Visitor’ stamp on his/her passport.
* Hokuriku Shinkansen between Joetsu Myoko – Tokyo is not included.
* Sanyo Shinkansen between Okayama – Hakata is not included.
This pass is ideal for travelers who want to visit
– Kanazawa, Toyama
– Kinosaki Onsen (Hot spring)
– Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Wakayama
– Unlimited usage of JR trains in the Hokuriku and Kansai area.
– Unlimited usage of the Sanyo Shinkansen and Hokuriku Shinkansen (*)
– Great value for a traveler visiting Osaka, Kyoto, Kanazawa, Toyama and Tottori.
(*) Route limitations apply.
For more information, please check an this link.
How it works:
1. Order outside of Japan, receive your exchange order and bring this order (voucher) with you on your trip.
2. Exchange the order in Japan and receive/activate the Japan Rail Pass on your preferred date.
3. Enjoy unlimited travel on all JR services, without needing separate tickets. Show your ticket at the gate and board the train/bus/ferry directly.